Whether they are simply short on time (aren't we all) or simply going through a bought of scrapper's block, sketches are an invaluable resource.
While I've been a long time of Page Maps from Becky Fleck (volume 1 and volume 2), I've recently discovered another great source for sketch idea books.
They are called Sketches for Scrapbooking from Allison Davis. The volume I am discussing today is her recent first edition for single page designs - Sketches for Scrapbooking Sketches: One-Page Sketches Volume 1.
Here's a list of contents and features:
- 30 versatile one-page sketches including designs for layouts with anywhere from 1 to 6 photos
- spiral binding for a functional, lay-flat design
- a detailed key with each design which:
- includes an area that differentiates where cardstock and patterns were used (also differentiates between types of pattern such as small pattern, large pattern, stripe, etc.),
- gives precise size measurements of all major elements,
- gives measurements for placement of major elements, AND
- offers a list of 5+ ideas for possible variations of the design that can be used to stretch the design even further!
While Sketches for Scrapbooking Sketches: One-Page Sketches Volume 1 is certainly a no-frills sketch book (no color or sample layouts included), there are some definite benefits to this...the focus is on the design and allows the user to really bring the design to life with their own photos and product choices.
While this might be Allison's first edition of sketches for one-page layouts, she's got a well-established line of sketch books for 2-page designs and also a couple for cardmaking. Check them all out here.
Lucky for all of you out there that love using sketches, I have one free copy of Sketches for Scrapbooking Sketches: One-Page Sketches Volume 1 to give away!
Simply answer the following question in a comment to this post by 5 p.m. CST on Thursday, September 29th, 2011 and you'll be entered for your chance to win:
Were you aware of Allison Davis's Sketches for Scrapbooking series before reading this post? If yes, have you previously purchased one of her volumes of sketches?
Random.org will choose and I'll post the winner on Friday.